Here’s a list of accounting products that I use as an accountant and auditor:
- Governmental Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting GFOA Blue Book
- Evernote (as my digital cloud library)
- Sharefile (as my secure means to transfer information)
- Caseware (electronic trial balance and working papers)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (PDF maker)
- Apple iPhone
- Apple iPad
- Dell laptop
- Three extra monitors
- Standup desk
- Zoom (conferencing software)
- Checkpoint (Thomson Reuter’s electronic guides)
- CheckpointLearning (Thomson Reuter’s online CPE)
- WordPress (blogging software)
- LinkedIn (to participate in accounting groups)
- Fujitsu i500 scanner
- Keynote (an alternative to PowerPoint)
- Outlook (for email)
- Fantastical (iPad calendar app)
- Basecamp (cloud project management software)
- Livescribe 3 Smartpen
- 1Password (to store and retrieve passwords)
- Amazon Tap (for music)
I use all of the above products with the exception of the stand-up desk. The desk I use is from Levenger; it appears they’ve discontinued that model.
What products do you recommend for accountants?
Note: I do receive affiliate commissions on Amazon products.
Learn from the CPA Scribo newsletter!
Get my free weekly accounting and auditing digest with the latest content.